We believe plastic extrusion is more than just selecting the right compounds and using best-in-class production technologies. We believe in making you and your products look good (and your bottom line too).
Intek is where high-quality and value can be spoken in the same breath. We meet production timelines and our job is to be seamless as we integrate with yours. We believe that the USA makes superior products and we’re proud to help you continue that tradition. We know that your customers care about environmental stewardship and so do we.
But most of all, we believe in you, our customers.
Plastic Extrusion Process
At Intek Plastics we have helped hundreds of customers who were unfamiliar with the development of an extruded plastic profile reach a successful conclusion. From our initial consultations with our sales team and project engineers through cutting dies and providing finished samples we help you along the way until you are satisfied with the results. Let us help you understand what to expect working with Intek, and know how everyone else should be supporting you. Our process goes as follows:
- Initial sales consultations – we begin by discussing your application, performance needs and design aesthetics to better understand the requirement you need to meet.
- Project engineering reviews – our skilled engineers will review the design and suggest improvements and cost reductions, including tweaks that can make your part more manufacturable.
- Raw material support – Our technical staff can suggest a variety of raw materials to choose from providing pros and cons of each.
- Fabrication recommendations – If needed we can help determine the best path to fabricate additional work into your part including printing, hole cutting and assembly.
- Die building – we can provide options for simple low volume / prototype dies up to complex multi-material co-extrusion tri-extrusion tooling, made in-house.
- Finished part analysis – measurement and testing results along with 200’ of samples sent to you to confirm part we manufacture meet your tolerances, and we’ll not charge a penny more if something needs reworking.
- Production planning – Operational experts can work with your forecasts to implement a process that works best for you.
- Shipping – From basic packaging to extra strength crating or coiling we can provide finished parts to seamlessly fit your production requirements.
- Customer support – Our team of customer service experts will assist with purchase orders, shipping notification and invoicing whenever necessary.